- Sunday 9
- Monday 10
- Tuesday 11
- Wednesday 12
- Thursday 13
- Friday 14
- Saturday 15
- Sunday 16
- Monday 17
- Tuesday 18
- Wednesday 19
Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians Preview: Champions looking to extend winning run
- Delhi Capitals will take on Mumbai Indians in match #13 of IPL 2021 on Tuesday
- This match will be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai
- Mumbai Indians have won the last 5 matches against Delhi Capitals
- Mumbai Indians have scored more powerplay runs than Delhi Capitals in 9 of the last 10 matches
- Shikhar Dhawan has 4 scores of 50 and more in his last 6 T20 matches including 2 for Delhi Capitals
Will Rahul Chahar's form be crucial to Mumbai's chances against Delhi Capitals? (Getty Images)
With near-identical starts to the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 campaign, Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians are looking for some momentum in their charge. The two will meet at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Tuesday.
Delhi finished their Mumbai leg with a 2-1 win-loss record with wins over Chennai and Punjab sandwiched with a tight loss to Rajasthan. Mumbai have been camping here for sometime and have two back-to-back wins over Kolkata and Hyderabad after starting with a loss to Bangalore.
Delhi Capitals Form
Delhi Capitals have enjoyed the rising form of Shikhar Dhawan (186 runs, SR 163.15) who has top-scored for them in both their wins ending as the player of the match. Concerns remain over the form of their number three, but the return to form of Marcus Stoinis augurs well.
Avesh Khan (six wickets, ER 7.33) and Chris Woakes (five wickets, ER 7.45) have been exceptional for the Capitals with the ball. Kagiso Rabada is yet to hit the right form, which makes their case even stronger.
Delhi Capitals News
Anrich Nortje should be available for selection, but it remains to be seen if the Capitals shake their winning combination.
Mumbai Indians Form
Mumbai have struggled with their batting, failing to show their usual silken touch. There’s not even a single Mumbai batsman aggregating 100 runs with only Suryakumar Yadav (97 runs) and Rohit Sharma (94) anywhere close.
However, the bowlers have bailed Mumbai out in both their tight wins led by the leg-spin of Rahul Chahar (seven wickets, ER 7.41). Jasprit Bumrah (three wickets, ER 5.66) has been impeccable at the death, while all bowlers have conceded under eight runs an over.
Mumbai Indians News
Adam Milne had a rough start to his Mumbai Indians career and could be under threat if the team decides to play an extra spinner in Jayant Yadav.
Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians Head-to-Head
Mumbai Indians have a 16-12 win-loss head-to-head record against the Delhi Capitals including five wins in a row.
Last season saw Mumbai defeat Delhi four times in the same season. Mumbai completely dominated the Capitals in all four matches with Bumrah leading the show with seven wickets in two matches.
Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians Match Up
Delhi Capitals have started really well with Shikhar Dhawan leading the charge. His form is pivotal to Delhi’s fortunes, although their spin bowling hasn’t really impressed. That could be crucial in Chennai that has seen slower pitches than normal in this season. Mumbai have revelled with their spin bowling leading the charge.
Delhi Capitals vs Mumbai Indians Stats
- Delhi Capitals have conceded the most 6s in 8 of their last 11 matches against Mumbai Indians.
- Delhi Capitals have lost their last 5 matches against Mumbai Indians.
- Mumbai Indians have scored more in the powerplay than Delhi Capitals in 9 of the last 10 matches.
- Mumbai Indians have scored the highest opening partnership of the match in 10 of the last 11 matches against Delhi Capitals.
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored 4 scores of 50 and above in his last 6 matches including two in IPL 2021.
Mumbai have enjoyed the conditions better than any side and that gives them an edge. More so since Delhi are playing here for the first time in this season. Spin could be crucial and that is where the Capitals may feel a pinch. Rahul Chahar’s form is crucial for Mumbai’s fortunes, while Dhawan with the bat will be vital for Delhi. Mumbai should fancy their chances of topping the sixes and powerplay score count.