Sri Lanka vs India Live Stream - Watch the ODI Series Online13 Jul 2021 Read more
India vs England Third T20I Preview: Spin to be king again
- India host England in Ahmedabad at the Narendra Modi Stadium for the third T20I on Sunday, in the five match series
- England won the first match by 8 wickets and India won the next by 7 wickets
- The chasing side has won 12 of India's last 15 completed T20Is played at home
- Ishan Kishan had 202 runs at SR of 145.30 in four IPL 2020 matches as an opener
- Dawid Malan has scored at least 20 in 16 of his 21 T20Is
- England have scored more in the powerplay in 4 of their last 6 matches against India
Pitch will be in focus as India and England look to pull away from the other in the third T20I (Getty Images)
India bounced back in the second T20I to coast to a clinical seven-wicket win over England to make the series 1-1. As the sides go into the third match of the five-match series at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Tuesday, both teams target a win that could give a massive psychological boost.
On a pitch that was better for batting than the first T20I, the Indian bowlers did well to restrict England to 164/6. India’s bowling in the death overs was brilliant as they conceded just 35 off the last five overs. Shardul Thakur and Washington Sundar returned identical figures of 4-0-29-2.
Ishan Kishan (56 off 32 balls) and Virat Kohli (73* off 49) aced the chase with 13 balls to spare. The only concern for India remains KL Rahul’s form in the series (0 and 1) and Yuzvendra Chahal’s profligacy (ER 9.75).
Rohit Sharma is rested for the first two matches and should be back for this game. Rahul’s place remains doubtful, while Axar Patel should fancy a recall on a pitch that may aid spin.
The visitors had banked on Jason Roy’s starts (49 and 46), but the others have failed to kick on. Dawid Malan continued his love affair with 20s (24* and 24), while Ben Stokes has struggled to go beyond 24 off 21 balls in his only outing of the series.
Jofra Archer’s excellent series (three wickets, ER 5.87) has been a revelation for the visitors, who will look for better control from Chris Jordan (ER 9.51). A change in the bowling line-up could be imminent as they look for more incision.
Mark Wood will be monitored for a comeback after sitting the second match out. Tom Curran could be out, while Sam could also make way for Moeen Ali on a possible turning track.
India vs England Head-to-Head
India have levelled things at 8-8 in T20Is with the score reading 4-4 in matches played in India! The ‘Men in Blue’ have won five of their last seven matches though, giving them a slight edge.
India vs England Match Up
Both teams look pretty much even with the two XIs matching each other player for player. India will have a slight edge if the pitch takes turn, as the likes of Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Axar Patel will fancy their chances. England will hope that Moeen Ali and Adil Rashid can do the job, but their batting against spin will remain the prime focus area.
India vs England Stats
- The chasing side has won 12 of India’s last 15 completed home T20Is and the last 5 matches between India and England.
- India have conceded more runs in the powerplay in 4 of their last 6 matches against England.
- Jason Roy has scored at least 40 in 6 of his last 10 T20Is and was England’s top-scorer in 5.
- England have scored more 6s than India in 10 of their last 13 T20Is.
- Dawid Malan has scored at least 20 in 16 of his 21 T20Is.
England’s over-dependence on Jason Roy has been their biggest hindrance, as they search for answers to balance the team composition. India were well-served by Hardik Pandya bowling his full four overs, while the return of spin tracks could see Axar Patel return to the playing XI. Pitch and conditions could play a vital role, as India look to continue their momentum. As always, the individual markets look the most lucrative with Roy and Chahal ideal picks.
01 October 2021
Latest cricket news
Live CricketIreland vs South Africa Live Stream - Watch the ODI & T20 Series Online13 Jul 2021 Read more
Live CricketWest Indies Women vs Pakistan Women Live Stream - Watch the ODI Series Online13 Jul 2021 Read more
Live CricketWest Indies vs Australia Live Stream - Watch the T20 & ODI Series13 Jul 2021 Read more
IPL top picks?IPL 2021 Top Picks05 Apr 2021 Read more