CPL T20 Bonus Bet - Get up to ₹2,000 back every single day25 Aug 2021 Read more
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Preview: Battle for momentum
- Mumbai Indians will take on Sunrisers Hyderabad in match #9 of IPL 2021 on Saturday
- This match will be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have won 6 of the last 10 matches against Mumbai Indians
- Mumbai Indians have hit more 6s than Sunrisers Hyderabad in 13 of the 16 matches
- Suryakumar Yadav has hit at least 30 runs in 6 of his last 8 matches for Mumbai Indians
- Rashid Khan has taken at least 2 wickets in 7 of his last 10 T20s
Mumbai will look to bank on Suryakumar's form (Getty Images)
Sunrisers Hyderabad will be desperate not to lose three matches in a row as they face Mumbai Indians at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. This match #9 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 will be played on Saturday.
Mumbai started the season with a 1-1 record with both the matches going to the last ball. The Sunrisers started their season with a 0-2 record having lost two tight matches.
Mumbai Indians Form
Mumbai Indians bounced back from the two-wicket loss to Bangalore with a stunning come-from-behind ten-run win over Kolkata Knight Riders. Suryakumar Yadav’s form is a huge bonus for the side (87 runs, SR 147.45) although collapses of 31/6 and 38/7 in the last five overs have shown that Mumbai are vulnerable late in the innings on these slow pitches.
With the ball, Jasprit Bumrah’s consistency (ER 6.75) is being complemented by Krunal Pandya’s frugal returns (ER 4.75). However, they are still struggling to find their sixth bowler.
Mumbai Indians News
The slow-paced Chennai wicket could prompt Mumbai to look and include Jayant Yadav. Don’t be surprised if they go with just three foreigners.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Form
Sunrisers were poor in both the matches falling short by ten runs against Kolkata Knight Riders and by six runs against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Manish Pandey (99 runs, SR 119.27) has started the season well, but the SRH may look to add Kane Williamson to their fragile middle-order.
Rashid Khan has been exemplary so far (four wickets, ER 5.25), but Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s struggles (ER 9.37) have been telling. T Natarajan found his yorkers in the last match and that’s a promising sign, though.
Sunrisers Hyderabad News
Kane Williamson could get into the side in place of Jonny Bairstow, which could earn a call-up for Kedar Jadhav or Abhishek Sharma in the place of Vijay Shankar.
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Head-to-Head
The head-to-head is tied at 8-8 overall, but the Sunrisers have won six of the last ten matches against Mumbai Indians.
Last season, Mumbai won the first match by 34 runs riding on Quinton de Kock’s 67. The Sunrisers responded with a 10-wicket win as David Warner’s blistering 85* and Sandeep Sharma’s 3/34 triumphed Mumbai.
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Up
Mumbai have looked extremely good with the ball, but their batting hasn’t yet settled in this campaign. Their death over batting has been a big miss, losing wickets in a heap. It could be a pointer to promote Kieron Pollard, who actually loves playing the Sunrisers. For Hyderabad, it’s a case of finding the right mix, because they have struggled in the middle-order.
Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Stats
- Mumbai Indians have hit more 6s than Sunrisers Hyderabad in 13 of the 16 matches between these sides.
- Kieron Pollard has hit at least 3 sixes in 3 of his last 4 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Suryakumar Yadav has scored at least 30 in 6 of his last 8 matches for Mumbai Indians.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored more runs in the powerplay than Mumbai Indians in their last 4 matches.
- Rashid Khan has taken at least 2 wickets in 7 of his last 10 T20s including two matches in IPL 2021.
Mumbai are the confident side at the moment and should fancy their chances. Suryakumar Yadav’s recent form is a massive boost for Rohit Sharma’s side as they look to get some momentum into their campaign. The Sunrisers can’t afford to lose three games in a row, but need to get their composition right. Rashid Khan looks good to be back for another two-wicket stint – at least. Mumbai are favourites to score more sixes than their counterparts.
20 October 2021
Latest cricket news
In-Play BetEngland vs India Test Series - Get a ₹500 Free Bet for live betting25 Aug 2021 Read more
CPL T20Caribbean Premier League 2021 Squads & CPL T20 Team Lists25 Aug 2021 Read more
CPL T20 StreamCaribbean Premier League Live Stream & CPL T20 Telecast in India25 Aug 2021 Read more
CPL T20Caribbean Premier League 2021 Schedule & CPL T20 Dates, Times and Venues25 Aug 2021 Read more