CPL T20 Bonus Bet - Get up to ₹2,000 back every single day25 Aug 2021 Read more
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals Preview: In-form Blues ready to thrive on Orange's inconsistency
- Sunrisers Hyderabad will take on Delhi Capitals in match #20 of IPL 2021 on Sunday
- This will be the last match of the season at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored more powerplay runs than their opponents in 10 of their last 11 matches
- Delhi Capitals have hit more 6s than Sunrisers Hyderabad in 5 of their last 7 matches
- Shikhar Dhawan has scored 45 or above in 3 of his 4 matches this season
- Kagiso Rabada has taken 10 wickets in his last 4 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad
Rishabh Pant will be keen for his team Delhi Capitals to continue their impressive start to the IPL 2021 season (Getty Images)
It’s the last match of the IPL 2021 season at the MA Chidambaram Stadium when the night game on Sunday sees Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Capitals fight for supremacy. This will be match #20 of the season.
Sunrisers Hyderabad have one win from four matches, but that has come in their last match against Punjab Kings. Delhi Capitals are a mirror image with three wins from their four matches including two in a row.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Form
After three losses, the Sunrisers roared to form with a nine-wicket win over Punjab Kings. Even in those three losses, Hyderabad were in a position to win before floundering in the late stages.
David Warner (130 runs, SR 116.07) and Jonny Bairstow (173 runs, SR 132.06) remain their best bets with the bat. Rashid Khan (five wickets, ER 5.06) has been as frugal as ever, but the injuries to T Natarajan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar upsets their plans.
Sunrisers Hyderabad News
T Natarajan is ruled out of the entire tournament due to a leg injury. Bhuvneshwar had a minor niggle in the last match and will be monitored until the last moment. Abdul Samad missed the last match and will be tested before the start of the match.
Delhi Capitals Form
Delhi Capitals are the in-form side with three wins so far including two in a row. All four matches have been won by the chasing team and that could be a pattern which suits the Capitals.
Shikhar Dhawan’s stellar form (231 runs, SR 148.07) is a massive boost for the Capitals, with the others yet to hit top form. Avesh Khan (eight wickets, ER 7.35) has been impressive with the ball, while Kagiso Rabada is just easing into his role.
Delhi Capitals News
Axar Patel has rejoined the side after returning a COVID-19 negative test. It remains to be seen if he is pushed straight into the playing XI.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals Head-to-Head
Sunrisers Hyderabad have a 11-7 career head-to-head record, including five wins in the last eight matches against Delhi Capitals.
Last season saw the Sunrisers win the league matches, but Delhi Capitals winning the playoff battle. All three matches were won by the team batting first.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals Match Up
Sunrisers Hyderabad seem to have addressed their batting issues by pairing Warner and Bairstow at the top while having Kane Williamson in the middle-order. The flopping Indian batsmen in the middle-order remains a concern, though. Additionally, the absence of Natarajan and the potential absence of Bhuvi could be a massive blow. As for the Capitals, they have zeroed on the right combination and the form of Dhawan is a huge positive. Their spinners are yet to hit the right chords and that presents an opportunity for the Sunrisers.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals Stats
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored more powerplay runs than their opponents in 10 of their last 11 matches.
- David Warner and Jonny Bairstow have 5 partnerships of 50 and above in their last 12 matches together for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Rashid Khan has 13 wickets in 10 matches against Delhi Capitals with an economy rate of 5.42 runs per over.
- Delhi Capitals have hit more 6s than Sunrisers Hyderabad in 5 of their last 7 matches.
- Kagiso Rabada has taken 10 wickets in his last 4 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Shikhar Dhawan looms as a prospective pick considering he has scored at least 45 runs in three of his four matches this season. The Capitals have the extra firepower to score more 6s than their Sunrisers counterparts. Delhi have a better balanced squad and should fancy their chances against a Sunrisers squad that looks skewed. Over-dependence on Warner – Bairstow combo could backfire any time, but for now they remain our picks to add another 50+ score at the top for Hyderabad.
20 October 2021
Latest cricket news
In-Play BetEngland vs India Test Series - Get a ₹500 Free Bet for live betting25 Aug 2021 Read more
CPL T20Caribbean Premier League 2021 Squads & CPL T20 Team Lists25 Aug 2021 Read more
CPL T20 StreamCaribbean Premier League Live Stream & CPL T20 Telecast in India25 Aug 2021 Read more
CPL T20Caribbean Premier League 2021 Schedule & CPL T20 Dates, Times and Venues25 Aug 2021 Read more