Looking for Blackjack Casino Sites? Use the Desibets.com guide to the best online casinos in India to play Blackjack and the bonuses available.
- Best Blackjack Casinos in India
- How to play blackjack
- Blackjack card values
- Blackjack terminology
- Blackjack Rules
- Popular blackjack games
- Basic Blackjack strategy
Best Blackjack Sites
Best Blackjack Casinos in India
How to play blackjack
- You hit 21 points with your first two cards - this is called blackjack.
- You stand and the total of your hand beats the dealer’s total. For example, you stand on 20 and the dealer ends on 18.
- You stand on any hand total, and the dealer ‘busts out’, which means their hand total is 22 points or more.
Blackjack card values
- An ace can be 1 point or 11 points
- Number cards 2-10 are equal to their face value
- Jacks, Queens and Kings are 10 points
- A soft total is a hand with an ace being counted as 11 points. For example, Ace - Eight is soft 19
- A hard total is a hand with an ace being counted as 1 point, so Ace - Eight is also hard 9.
- Blackjack – 21 points from the first two cards.
- Stand – to not take another card - sticking with whatever point total you have.
- Hit – to take another card. You can ‘hit’ multiple times in a single hand.
- Double Down – to place another bet (the same value as the initial wager) and then draw one more card.
- Split – a hand can be split if the first two cards are the same (i.e. seven and seven). After splitting, the two hands are played independently.
- Insurance – insurance will be offered if the dealer’s up-card is an ace. This is to protect the player from the dealer hitting blackjack.
- Surrender – some blackjack games offer surrender. The player can fold their hand before the dealer acts. Typically, half of the initial bet is returned.
- The player places a bet.
- Two cards are dealt to the player - both face-up. Two cards are dealt to the dealer - one's face-up and the other is face-down.
- If the player hits blackjack, the round is over, and the dealer pays out the winnings.
- If the player’s point total is 20 or fewer, they must make a decision on what to do: hit, stand, double down, split.
- If the player hits and the point total goes above 21, the dealer wins without playing their hand.
- If the player stands on 20 or fewer. The dealer then completes their hand in accordance with the table’s rules.
- Once completed, the two hands are compared and the payouts are made if the player wins.
Popular blackjack games
Basic Blackjack strategy
- Stand on hard 17 or more.
- Stand on hard 13, 14, 15, and 16 if the dealer has 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6.
- Stand on hard 12 if the dealer has 4, 5, or 6.
- Stand on soft 19 or more.
- Split aces.
- Split 8s unless the dealer’s up card is a 10. If it is, then hit.
- Never split 4s, 5s, or 10s.
- Double down on hard 9 if the dealer has 3, 4, 5, or 6. If not, hit.
- Double down on hard 10 and 11 unless the dealer has 10 or ace.
- Never take insurance.
Is it legal to play real money blackjack in India?
Blackjack is a staple of every online casino in India. They offer both RNG and live dealer games catering to recreational players and high rollers. Please note, however, that online gambling is prohibited in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
What is the best blackjack casino in India?
It’s a personal preference as to which is the outright best blackjack casino in India. Desibets has compiled a list of the top sites for you to compare and find your favourite.
What is the house edge of blackjack?
The house edge varies depending on the specific variant you play. However, most games range between 0.5% - 1.5% house edge if the player uses the correct blackjack strategy.