Looking for Rummy Casino Sites? Use the Desibets.com guide to the best online casinos in India to play Rummy and the bonuses available.
- Online Rummy Guide
- Indian Rummy rules
- Rummy hands & jokers
- Pure & impure sequences
- How to play rummy
- Why Play Rummy Online
- Tips for New Rummy Players
Best Online Rummy Sites
Borgata Casino: New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
BetMGM Casino: Must use BETMGM bonus code NEWWORLD1. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs and wagering requirements apply.
Online Rummy Guide
Indian Rummy rules
- Number of players: typically, between two and six can play Indian Rummy. There are RNG games available online, which are played against the computer. Effectively, with these games, the computer performs the part of the second player.
- Number of decks: depending on the number of players, between one and three decks may be used. Most online games tend to use two decks, however.
- Number of cards: players get dealt 13 cards each in Indian Rummy.
Rummy hands & jokers
- Runs: three or more cards in consecutive order from the same suit. For example, 4, 5, 6, and 7 (all hearts).
- Sets: three or more cards with the same rank or value. For example, 9 of spades, 9 of hearts, 9 of clubs, and 9 of diamonds.
Pure & impure sequences
- Pure run: three or more cards in consecutive order from the same suit without a joker.
- Impure run: three or more cards in consecutive order from the same suit with a joker.
How to play rummy
- After receiving your 13 cards, sort them into possible runs and sets. When you play online, the cards are sorted for you.
- The undealt cards are placed in the middle of the table face-down (with the wild joker showing at the bottom). The top card is turned face-up and placed next to the deck.
- When it is your turn, you take the top card from either the face-down pile or the face-up pile. You must also discard one card, so you only hold 13 cards. When you discard a card, you put it on the face-up pile.
- Continue step 3 as you shape your hand forming sets and runs.
- When a player places a card face-down on the discard pile, it signals they have completed their hands.
- All cards are placed face-up on the table, and the winner’s hand is checked.
- The points are calculated.
Why Play Rummy Online
- Convenient: online rummy sites are operational 24/7, so you can play when it suits you. Whether you want to try a single-player RNG game or test yourself against other rummy enthusiasts, there’s always a table available for you.
- Bonuses and promotions: there is an abundance of bonuses and promotions available to online players. Rummy sites usually offer welcome bonuses to new players, and you can claim regular offers too as you play.
- Range of games: Indian Rummy is clearly the favourite version played in this country, but there are several other entertaining variants available online. These are all in the palm of your hand.
- Social experience: Like Texas Hold’em Poker, most online rummy games are played with other real players. Essentially, the rummy website is just a platform that hosts the games. Players make a buy-in to join a game and when the required number of players join, the game begins. Playing with other rummy players means you can meet new people who share the same interest and make new friends.
Tips for New Rummy Players
Is online rummy legal?
Unlike slots, roulette and other casino games, the Supreme Court of India ruled rummy was a game of skill and not a game of chance like the aforementioned casino games. This means that it’s perfectly legal to play real money games online.
Are online rummy games fair?
The best way to check to find out if online rummy games are fair is to look at the site’s licenses. For the most part, the rummy website makes its money through buy-ins, so there is less incentive for these platforms not to be fair.
Do I have to download an app to play online rummy?
It is possible to play online rummy through a web browser, but using a native app improves the user experience, in our opinion. Apps have numerous other perks, including customisable pages and push notifications.