Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans IPL Final Tips - Chennai openers set to bloom27 May 2023 Read More
Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Tips - Venue charm likely to turn Wankhede blue
- Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL match predictions to be played in Mumbai on Saturday, April 8 at 7:30pm IST
- Mumbai Indians have won 7 of the 10 matches they played against Chennai Super Kings at this venue
- Mumbai Indians have won 11 of their last 15 matches they played against Chennai Super Kings
- Ruturaj Gaikwad has top-scored for Chennai Super Kings in 3 of their last 4 IPL matches
- Will the Wankhede charm work in Mumbai's advantage in IPL 2023 against Chennai Super Kings?
Does Wankhede magic work in Mumbai Indians' favour again vs Chennai Super Kings? (GettyImages)
Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL
The most decorated rivalry of the Indian Premier League is back as Mumbai Indians host Chennai Super Kings at the Wankhede Stadium. This match #12 of the IPL 2023 season will be played on Saturday from 7:30pm IST.
- Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL
- Head to Head
- Mumbai Indians Form
- Mumbai Indians Team News
- Chennai Super Kings Form
- Chennai Super Kings Team News
These two teams have had many memorable battles over the years but over the last two seasons, the penny has dropped. The start for IPL 2023 has been slow as well, so this doesn’t increase hopes for this encounter. Mumbai Indians though will hope for this venue luck to smile upon them. I am backing the Mumbai Indians to win this match.
- Mumbai Indians have won 7 of their 10 matches played at this venue against Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
- Mumbai Indians have won 11 of their last 15 matches against Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
- Mumbai Indians have hit the most 6s of the match in 7 of their 10 matches at this venue against Chennai Super Kings (IPL)
- Chennai Super Kings have conceded most powerplay runs in 7 of their last 9 matches (IPL)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad top-scored for Chennai Super Kings in 3 of their last 4 matches (IPL)
Head to Head
The overall H2H record is in favour of Mumbai with the blue ribands holding a 21-15 advantage. The recent matches have seen an even better domination with Mumbai Indians winning 11 of the last 15 matches.
Last year saw the teams share the honours with 1-1 each. Mumbai Indians won at the Wankhede Stadium by five wickets after restricting Chennai to 97 all out.
Mumbai Indians Form
Mumbai Indians started their season with an eight-wicket loss to Royal Challengers Bangalore in Bengaluru. They scored 171/7 batting first with Tilak Varma’s 84 not out the highlight.
If not for Tilak’s knock, the score would have been in the low 130s. Despite that, they failed to have any hold in the chase taking no wickets in the first 14 overs.
The hosts will be worried about their bowling attack that is looking toothless, despite Jofra Archer bowling at his full tilt.
Mumbai Indians Team News
Mumbai Indians added Riley Meredith as a replacement player, with the Australian speedster taking the place of Jhye Richardson. It could be interesting to see if he comes into the playing XI straight away.
Chennai Super Kings Form
Chennai already played two matches, losing the first to Gujarat Titans by five wickets and then beating Lucknow Super Giants by 12 runs.
It is not yet vintage Chennai as they are struggling to assert their dominance. Their win has come at home in spin conditions with the pacers Deepak Chahar, Rajvardhan Hangargekar struggling to assert their dominance.
The only positive for Chennai is Ruturaj Gaikwad’s form with the right-handed opener scoring 149 runs so far. With Devon Conway’s 48 runs the next best, Chennai seems to have a problem with the batting performances as well.
Chennai Super Kings Team News
Chennai aren’t used to changing their playing XIs regularly, but the arrival of South African pacer Sisanda Magala changes things. He could walk into the side in place of Mitchell Santner.
Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL FAQs
Where can I watch the Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL live stream.
What time does Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL start?
This Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings IPL match is being played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai at 7:30pm IST on Saturday, April 8.
Sports Events Starts in
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians IPL Qualifier Tips - Openers give a slight edge to Mumbai25 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Lucknow Super Giants vs Mumbai Indians IPL Eliminator Tips - Mumbai to edge in the first six23 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Qualifier I - Dhoni's men likely to lead the six count22 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Titans IPL Tips - Hosts to bank on strong opening20 May 2023 Read More