Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans IPL Final Tips - Chennai openers set to bloom27 May 2023 Read More
Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL Tips - Power play to be key for the hosts
- Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL match predictions to be played in Mumbai on Saturday, April 22 at 7:30pm IST
- Mumbai Indians have won their last 3 IPL matches
- Punjab Kings have lost 3 of their last 4 IPL matches
- Mumbai Indians have scored the most powerplay runs in their last 3 IPL matches
- Punjab Kings have conceded the most powerplay runs in their last 4 IPL matches
- Can Mumbai continue their winning run and pick up crucial two points at home?
Can Mumbai Indians continue their winning run? (Getty Images)
Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL
Slow starters Mumbai Indians would count on their home form to get the better of an erratic Punjab Kings as the teams line up on Saturday. This IPL match #31 will be played at the Wankhede Stadium from 7:30pm IST.
- Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL
- Head to Head
- Mumbai Indians Form
- Mumbai Indians Team News
- Punjab Kings Form
- Punjab Kings Team News
After starting the tournament with two losses, Mumbai have picked up steam with three straight wins. While that certainly gives them momentum, they are yet to call themselves a well-oiled engine. Punjab aren’t one either and that gives Mumbai a slight advantage going into their home match. I am backing Mumbai to score most runs in the powerplay.
- Mumbai Indians have won 8 of their last 12 matches at this venue (IPL)
- Mumbai Indians have won their last 3 matches (IPL)
- Punjab Kings have lost 3 of their last 4 matches (IPL)
- Punjab Kings have lost their last 2 matches at this venue against Mumbai Indians (IPL)
- Mumbai Indians have scored the most powerplay runs in their last 3 matches (IPL)
- Punjab Kings have conceded the most powerplay runs in their last 3 matches (IPL)
- The first innings score in 7 of the last 9 matches at this venue were less than 170 (IPL)
Head to Head
This has been one of the closely fought match-ups in the competition with Mumbai winning 15 and Punjab winning 14 of the previous matches.
Last season, these sides played only once with Punjab ending up winners by 12 runs in a match played at the MCA Stadium in Pune.
Mumbai Indians Form
Mumbai Indians have 6 points from five matches and are stuck in the mid-table melee. They have won their last three matches after starting the season with two straight losses.
Tilak Varma (214) has been their torchbearer with the bat, while Mumbai’s bowling is led by Piyush Chawla (seven wickets). The all-round impact of Cameron Green (99 runs, three wickets) is a big boost.
The hosts are still not up to their mark as star player Suryakumar Yadav continues to search for runs and they are lacking a potent wicket taker.
Mumbai Indians Team News
Jofra Archer is nearing a return which is good news for Mumbai although it isn’t yet confirmed if he will play on Saturday.
Punjab Kings Form
Punjab Kings are just behind Mumbai with the same points (six) but from six matches and an inferior net run rate. They have lost three of their last four matches struggling in the absence of Shikhar Dhawan.
It is still Dhawan (233) who tops their batting charts despite missing two matches. Arshdeep Singh (nine wickets) has been their best bowler but most of the others have been struggling.
The worry for Punjab has been the little / no impact of the domestic players with both bat and ball. They would be keen to see the likes of Prabhsimran Singh and Jitesh Sharma be more consistent with the bat.
Punjab Kings Team News
Recent reports suggest Shikhar Dhawan may miss this match too, which would be a big blow to Punjab if true.
Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL FAQs
Where can I watch the Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL live stream.
What time does Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL start?
This Mumbai Indians vs Punjab Kings IPL match is being played at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai at 7:30pm IST on Saturday, April 22.
Sports Events Starts in
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians IPL Qualifier Tips - Openers give a slight edge to Mumbai25 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Lucknow Super Giants vs Mumbai Indians IPL Eliminator Tips - Mumbai to edge in the first six23 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Qualifier I - Dhoni's men likely to lead the six count22 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Titans IPL Tips - Hosts to bank on strong opening20 May 2023 Read More