Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans IPL Final Tips - Chennai openers set to bloom27 May 2023 Read More
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Tips - Red-hot hosts likely to be powerplay charged
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL match predictions to be played in Bangalore on Monday, April 17 at 7:30pm IST
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have scored the most powerplay runs in their last 4 IPL matches
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have scored more runs in the first 6 overs in 5 of their last 6 completed IPL matches at this venue
- Chennai Super Kings have conceded the most powerplay runs in 3 of their last 4 IPL matches
- Can Faf du Plessis' Royal Challengers continue their winning momentum at home?
Can Chennai stop the red-hot Bangalore side in Bengaluru? (Getty Images)
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL
It is the South Indian derby time in the Indian Premier League as Royal Challengers Bangalore host Chennai Super Kings. This IPL match #24 will be played at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Monday, April 17 from 7:30pm IST onwards.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL
- Head to Head
- Royal Challengers Bangalore Form
- Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
- Chennai Super Kings Form
- Chennai Super Kings Team News
Only net run rate separates these two sides but their form is completely different. Bangalore have won two of their three matches played at this venue while Chennai has a 1-1 record away from home, that too against the struggling Mumbai team. I am backing the first six overs to be a crucial factor in this match with Royal Challengers Bangalore well-placed to score more in the powerplay.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have scored the most powerplay runs in their last 4 matches (IPL)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have scored the most powerplay runs in 5 of their last 6 completed matches at this venue (IPL)
- Chennai Super Kings have conceded the most powerplay runs in 3 of their last 4 matches (IPL)
- Chennai Super Kings have hit the most 6s of the match in each of the last 5 H2Hs (IPL)
- Chennai Super Kings have hit the most 6s in 3 of their last 4 matches (IPL)
- MS Dhoni has hit at least 2 sixes in 7 of his 10 matches at this venue (IPL)
Head to Head
Royal Challengers Bangalore have played Chennai Super Kings in 30 IPL matches with RCB winning ten, CSK winning 19 and one ending as no result.
Last season saw these sides share the results as Chennai won by 23 runs in the first match before Bangalore paid back in kind with a 13-run win.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Form
Royal Challengers Bangalore have four points from four matches with two wins and losses each. Both their wins have come at this venue, against Mumbai and Delhi.
No prizes for guessing who is leading Bangalore’s batting charge as Virat Kohli (214) and Faf du Plessis (197) have combined for more than 60% of their runs. With the ball, it is Mohammed Siraj (seven) picking up wickets consistently.
Bangalore look like a side which is one collapse away from a massive loss, as was evident in the defeat by Kolkata.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
Bangalore’s middle-order looks brittle and Mahipal Lomror could get replaced by someone like Suyash Prabhudessai. Vyshak Vijaykumar had a memorable debut and coul ge a prolonged run.
Chennai Super Kings Form
Chennai Super Kings also have four points from four matches with their two wins coming in between their two losses. They lost to Gujarat away from home, but won against Mumbai in Mumbai.
They also remain a top-heavy side with Ruturaj Gaikwad scoring 197 runs and Ajinkya Rahane 92 in just two knocks. Tushar Deshpande’s seven wickets and Ravindra Jadeja’s six have been their leading lights.
It is the middle-over struggle that has let Chennai down in both their losses. They have failed to motor on at the right time and captain Dhoni could be looking for answers on that front.
Chennai Super Kings Team News
Chennai may look at playing Matheesha Pathirana if they want an extra pacer. Ben Stokes’ injury will be monitored until toss time.
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL FAQs
Where can I watch the Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL live stream.
What time does Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL start?
This Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings IPL match is being played at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru at 7:30pm IST on Monday, April 17.
Royal Challengers Bangalore are in much better form than Chennai Super Kings coming into this match. It is their opening pair of Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis leading from the front, which is both a boon and bane. For now, they are likely to continue enjoying quick starts. I am putting my money on Royal Challengers Bangalore scoring the most powerplay runs.
Bet $1 and Get $200 in Bonus Bets
NJ residents code "NEWBONUS"
Sign up using the bonus code NEWBONUS. Bet $1 and Get $200 in Bonus Bets at bet365. Deposit required. Bonus Bets winnings are added to Bonus Bets balance. Bonus Bet wager excluded from returns. The bonus code NEWBONUS can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
Sports Events Starts in
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians IPL Qualifier Tips - Openers give a slight edge to Mumbai25 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Lucknow Super Giants vs Mumbai Indians IPL Eliminator Tips - Mumbai to edge in the first six23 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Qualifier I - Dhoni's men likely to lead the six count22 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Titans IPL Tips - Hosts to bank on strong opening20 May 2023 Read More