Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans IPL Final Tips - Chennai openers set to bloom27 May 2023 Read More
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL Tips - Openers leading RCB's charge
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL match predictions to be played in Bangalore on Saturday, April 15 at 3:30pm IST
- Royal Challengers Bangalore had the highest opening partnership of the match in 5 of their last 8 IPL matches at this venue
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have posted the highest opening partnership in their last 3 IPL matches
- Delhi Capitals have conceded the highest opening partnership in 10 of their last 12 IPL matches
- Can the struggling teams improve their play on Sunday in this IPL 2023 encounter?
Kohli and Faf likely to be key for RCB once again. (Getty Images)
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL
Delhi Capitals will be desperate to get off the mark in the IPL 2023 tournament when they travel to Bengaluru to take on Royal Challengers Bangalore. This match #20 will be played at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium on Sunday, April 15 from 3:30pm IST.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL
- Head to Head
- Royal Challengers Bangalore Form
- Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
- Delhi Capitals Form
- Delhi Capitals Team News
Bangalore and Delhi have just one win between themselves from the seven matches combined they played this season. Both have been playing well below par which explains their poor results. Although it is tempting to back the home side in conditions they relish, we are steering away from picking a winner. Instead, I am backing Royal Challengers Bangalore to post the highest opening partnership of the match.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have posted the highest opening partnership of the match in 5 of their last 8 matches at this venue (IPL)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore have posted the highest opening partnership of the match in their last 3 matches (IPL)
- Delhi Capitals have conceded the highest opening partnership in 10 of their last 12 matches including the last 2 (IPL)
- Delhi Capitals have conceded the highest opening partnership in 7 of their last 10 matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
- Faf du Plessis scored 50+ in 3 of his last 6 matches at this venue (IPL)
Head to Head
There have been 28 matches between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Capitals with the Bangalore franchise having an 18-10 win-loss record. That includes winning the last three in a row.
Last season, these sides met only once with Bangalore trumping Delhi by 16 runs after setting a target of 190 runs at the Wankhede Stadium.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Form
Royal Challengers Bangalore have only two points to their name from three matches. That came from their first match when they defeated Mumbai Indians at this venue. RCB then lost to Kolkata and Lucknow.
It has been the same story year after year for the Royal Challengers with the openers topping their batting charts. Faf du Plessis (175) and Virat Kohli (164) have been masking their middle-order woes with four 50+ scores between them.
Mohammed Siraj and Karn Sharma are topping the bowling charts for now with five wickets each. Harshal Patel’s economy rate of 11.72rpo isn’t helping matters.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
Wanindu Hasaranga is available for selection and could play this match while Australian pacer Josh Hazlewood is likely to join the camp ahead of this match.
Delhi Capitals Form
Delhi Capitals are yet to open their mark for the season losing all their four matches. They lost to Lucknow, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Mumbai so far.
David Warner has been consistent at the top for Delhi with 209 runs but with a SR of 114.83 he has been a cause of heartburn. Axar Patel’s 108 runs have come at a SR of 168.75 and could see him move into the top-order.
Bowling has been wayward too with only Mukesh Kumar’s four wickets the highest so far. None of the regular bowlers are keeping the runs below 8.00rpo which is a headache.
Delhi Capitals Team News
Delhi Capitals are likely to have the services of Mitchell Marsh who has joined the squad after getting married recently.
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL FAQs
Where can I watch the Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL live stream.
What time does Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL start?
This Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Capitals IPL match is being played at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru at 3:30pm IST on Saturday, April 15.
Bangalore and Delhi are going through rough patches of form, although the Royal Challengers have a slight edge on that front. It is the opening partnership market that we are looking at though, with the hosts enjoying the presence of Faf and Kohli. I am backing the Royal Challengers Bangalore to post the highest opening partnership of the match.
Bet $1 and Get $200 in Bonus Bets
NJ residents code "NEWBONUS"
Sign up using the bonus code NEWBONUS. Bet $1 and Get $200 in Bonus Bets at bet365. Deposit required. Bonus Bets winnings are added to Bonus Bets balance. Bonus Bet wager excluded from returns. The bonus code NEWBONUS can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way. New customers only. 21+ T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
Sports Events Starts in
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Mumbai Indians IPL Qualifier Tips - Openers give a slight edge to Mumbai25 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Lucknow Super Giants vs Mumbai Indians IPL Eliminator Tips - Mumbai to edge in the first six23 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings IPL Qualifier I - Dhoni's men likely to lead the six count22 May 2023 Read More
IPL 2023Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Titans IPL Tips - Hosts to bank on strong opening20 May 2023 Read More