UAE vs West Indies ODI III Tips - Value in backing Windies openers08 Jun 2023 Read More
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals Preview: Can the Kings stump another top-three contender?
- Punjab Kings will take on Delhi Capitals in match #29 of IPL 2021 on Sunday
- This match will be played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad
- Punjab Kings have hit more 6s than their opponents in 5 of their last 7 matches
- Delhi Capitals have won 3 of their last 4 matches against Punjab Kings
- Delhi Capitals have scored more powerplay runs than their opponents in 5 of their 7 matches
- Shikhar Dhawan has 3 scores of 50 and above in his last 4 matches against Punjab Kings
- KL Rahul has 4 scores of 50 and above in his 7 matches this season
Delhi Capitals will hope to continue their winning momentum when they take on Punjab Kings (Getty Images)
After toppling a top-three team in their previous match, Punjab Kings will look to repeat the dose when they take on Delhi Capitals. This match #29 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 edition will be played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
Punjab Kings have three wins and four losses from their seven matches and are outside the top-four spots. Delhi Capitals have five wins and two losses so far and are second in the standings ahead of Saturday’s matches.
Punjab Kings Form
After starting the tournament with just one win in their first four matches, the Punjab Kings have improved with two wins in their last three matches. That included a facile 34-run win over Royal Challengers Bangalore in their most recent match.
KL Rahul (331 runs, SR 136.21) remains Punjab Kings’ best batsman with four 50+ scores in his seven innings so far. Bowling has been listless, though, with no specific leader of the pack – Mohammed Shami’s eight wickets (ER 7.67) remaining the best.
Punjab Kings News
Punjab went for some dramatic changes in the last match and were able to clinch a win. It remains to be seen if they stick with Nicholas Pooran.
Delhi Capitals Form
Delhi Capitals come into this match on the back of four wins in their last five matches. They have already played two matches at this venue with a win and a loss each.
Shikhar Dhawan (311 runs) and Prithvi Shaw (269) remain their best bets with the bat, while Avesh Khan (13 wickets, ER 7.38) continues to be their best bowler.
Delhi Capitals News
The prolonged poor form of Steve Smith could come into contention, especially with the mercurial Sam Billings warming up the bench.
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals Head-to-Head
Punjab Kings have a 15-12 career H2H record against Delhi Capitals and have won five of their last eight matches against them.
Earlier this season when the sides met in Mumbai, Delhi Capitals won by six wickets. KL Rahul and Mayank Agarwal slammed 60s as the Kings posted a competitive 195/4. However, Shikhar Dhawan’s masterly 92 led the Capitals to an easy six-wicket win with ten balls remaining.
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals Match Up
Punjab Kings found the right balance to contest against Royal Challengers Bangalore, although concerns remain over their composition. They are in the top-five mix now, but need to keep winning for any chances of moving into top-four contention. For Delhi Capitals, this is a great opportunity to consolidate their top-two credentials. Issues remain with their top-order dependence on Shikhar Dhawan and Rishabh Pant’s poor SR, but the Capitals are a well-oiled unit compared to their opponents.
Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals Stats
- Punjab Kings have lost 4 of their last 6 matches.
- Punjab Kings have hit more 6s than Delhi Capitals in 4 of the last 5 matches.
- Punjab Kings have hit more 6s than their opponents in 5 of their 7 matches this season.
- Delhi Capitals have won 3 of their last 4 matches against Punjab Kings.
- Delhi Capitals have scored more powerplay runs in 5 of their 7 matches this season.
- Shikhar Dhawan has hit 3x50 in his last 4 matches against Punjab Kings.
- KL Rahul has 4 scores of 50 and above in his 7 matches this season.
Punjab Kings surprised Royal Challengers Bangalore in their latest match, but their team composition worries remain. Delhi Capitals have been one of the strongest starters of the season – thanks largely to their top-order batting. While Rishabh Pant is yet to find his scoring shoes, that hasn’t troubled them much. Expect Delhi to start strong once again and win the powerplay scoring honours. Shikhar Dhawan will fancy scoring a 50, although it is Punjab who may run away with the 6s count. Overall, Delhi Capitals look good to continue their winning streak.
Sports Events Starts in
IPL OfferIPL Super Sixes Pay-Out – Get $1 Free For Each 6 Your Winning Team Scores31 Mar 2022 Read More
CPL T20CPL T20 Bonus Bet - Get up to ₹2,000 back every single day25 Aug 2021 Read More
In-Play BetEngland vs India Test Series - Get a ₹500 Free Bet for live betting25 Aug 2021 Read More
CPL T20Caribbean Premier League 2021 Squads & CPL T20 Team Lists25 Aug 2021 Read More