Bangladesh vs New Zealand First Test Tips - Teams look for a quick transition27 Nov 2023 Read More
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians Preview: Champions out to take advantage of Orange Army's struggles
- Sunrisers Hyderabad will take on Mumbai Indians in match #31 of IPL 2021 on Tuesday
- This match will be played at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have lost their last 3 matches
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored more powerplay runs than their opponents in 5 of their last 6 matches
- Mumbai Indians have won their last 2 matches
- Mumbai Indians have won 4 of their last 5 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Mumbai Indians have scored more 6s than Sunrisers Hyderabad in 7 of their last 9 matches
Will Kieron Pollard continue his big-hitting form? (Getty Images)
Mumbai Indians will be aiming to continue their Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 resurgence when they take on Sunrisers Hyderabad in match #31. This fixture will be played at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on Tuesday.
Sunrisers Hyderabad are bottom of the points tally with just one win in seven matches and only two points. Mumbai Indians are fourth in the points tally with four wins from their first seven matches.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Form
Sunrisers Hyderabad made a captaincy change before their last game handing the baton to Kane Williamson, but that didn’t make any difference. The Sunrisers have now lost three matches in a row.
Jonny Bairstow (248 runs, SR 141.71) remains their best batsman of the tournament. With the ball, Rashid Khan (10 wickets, ER 6.14) remains their best bowler both in terms of wicket-taking and economy.
Sunrisers Hyderabad News
Questions remain over the availability of David Warner, although the Sunrisers have concerns in every department.
Mumbai Indians Form
The Mumbai Indians had just two wins in their first five matches, but have since improved to two wins out of two. Both the wins have come at this venue, as they look to make up for lost time and move up the points table.
Rohit Sharma (250 runs, SR 128.20) remains their best batsman, but the improved form of Quinton de Kock (155 runs) is a positive. With the ball, Rahul Chahar (11 wickets, ER 7.21) remains their best bet, although Jasprit Bumrah (six wickets, ER 7.11) has been really good with his death over bowling.
Mumbai Indians News
James Neesham played his first match of the tournament against Chennai and although he hasn’t done much, Mumbai could field the same team.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians Head-to-Head
Sunrisers Hyderabad have often provided strong resistance to Mumbai Indians and have an 8-9 win-loss record. However, it is the Mumbai Indians who have won four of the last five matches.
When the teams met earlier in the season, Quinton de Kock (40) and Kieron Pollard (35* off 22) powered Mumbai to 150/5. Trent Boult and Rahul Chahar picked up three wickets each to bowl Hyderabad out for 137 and give Mumbai a 13-run win in Chennai.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians Match Up
Sunrisers Hyderabad are currently going through the motions with the situation around David Warner’s saga. Their famed bowling unit is struggling for control with only Rashid Khan playing at his full potential. As for Mumbai, they look hungrier and are ready to move up the points ladder with another win here. On paper and on form, it is the Mumbai Indians who have the upper hand. The Sunrisers’ bowlers have struggled to hold on, with all but one of their regular bowlers going for more than eight runs an over.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians Stats
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored more powerplay runs than Mumbai Indians in their last 5 matches.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored more powerplay runs than their opponents in 5 of their last 6 matches.
- Mumbai Indians have won 4 of their last 5 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Mumbai Indians have scored more powerplay runs than their opponents in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Mumbai Indians have scored more 6s than Sunrisers Hyderabad in 7 of their last 9 matches.
Mumbai Indians responded to two losses with consecutive wins as they plot a way back up the table. With Quinton de Kock finding form at the top of the order, they look a much-balanced side than what they were in the beginning of the tournament. They are well-primed to score more 6s than their opponents, especially with Kieron Pollard and the hard-hitters getting back to form. It is hard to see Sunrisers get past Mumbai in this match.
CricketSouth Africa vs Australia Fifth ODI Tips - Hard hitters to come to the fore16 Sep 2023 Read More
CricketZimbabwe vs Oman ICC World Cup Qualifier Tips - Hosts set to start positively at the top28 Jun 2023 Read More
CricketSri Lanka vs Ireland ICC World Cup Qualifier Tips - Hot picks on individual stars24 Jun 2023 Read More
CricketZimbabwe vs West Indies ICC World Cup Qualifier Tips - Men in Maroon likely to strike big23 Jun 2023 Read More