IPL Super Sixes Pay-Out – Get $1 Free For Each 6 Your Winning Team Scores31 Mar 2022 Read More
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Preview: Incoherent teams fight for supremacy
- Sunrisers Hyderabad will take on Royal Challengers Bangalore in match #6 of IPL 2021 on Wednesday
- This match will be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have won 7 of their last 10 matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Rashid Khan was Sunrisers Hyderabad best bowler in 8 of their last 17 matches
- AB de Villers has scored 2 fifties in his last 3 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad
Can Rashid Khan inspire the Sunrisers to their first win of the season? (Getty Images)
Sunrisers Hyderabad and Royal Challengers Bangalore have had contrasting starts to their respective Indian Premier League 2021 (IPL) campaigns. The two sides now meet in this match #6 of the season on Wednesday at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai.
SRH started with a ten-run loss to the Kolkata Knight Riders at this same venue on Sunday. On the other hand, the RCB side started with a nervy two-wicket win over champions Mumbai Indians in the tournament opener.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Form
The Sunrisers couldn’t rise to the occasion against KKR failing to chase 187/6, although Manish Pandey’s 61* off 44 balls brought them close. Jonny Bairstow was equally good with his 55 off 40, but in the end the Sunrisers fell short.
Before that, the SRH bowlers did well in patches to restrict the Knight Riders. The Afghan duo of Rashid Khan and Mohammad Nabi took two wickets each, while Bhuvneshwar Kumar had an off day with 1/45.
Sunrisers Hyderabad News
Jason Holder has completed his quarantine, although he may not be selected for this encounter. Kane Williamson should be fit for selection, though.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Form
The Challengers got the better of champions Mumbai by two-wickets riding on belligerent AB de Villiers’ special (48 off 27). Glenna Maxwell sparkled on his RCB debut (39 off 28), while captain Virat Kohli also chipped in with a 30+ score.
It was with the ball though, that the Royal Challengers got their boost. Harshal Patel’s maiden T20 five-wicket haul (5/27) restricted the Mumbai Indians to a manageable 159/9.
Royal Challengers Bangalore News
Adam Zampa and Finn Allen missed the first match due to contrasting reasons and could still be out of action for this game. Devdutt Padikkal could be back in action, though.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Head-to-Head
This is a fixture hasn’t swayed either way with the Sunrisers enjoying a 10-7 record against RCB. It is the Sunrisers though, who have won seven of their last ten matches, giving them an edge.
Last season saw three matches between these sides with the teams level 1-1 in the league. A 10-run win for the Royal Challengers was followed by a five-wicket win for the Sunrisers. Crucially though, SRH won the eliminator by six wickets.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Match Up
Sunrisers will have to work on their batting composition as well as the batting order. Vijay Shankar’s role come into focus, while Mohammad Nabi may face the axe to allow for Williamson’s entry. Roy may have to wait for this IPL debut. For the Challengers, Yuzvendra Chahal’s poor returns is a concern.
Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Stats
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have won 6 of the 8 matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore when losing the toss.
- Rashid Khan has been Sunrisers Hyderabad’s best bowler in 8 of their last 17 matches.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad have scored the higher power play score in 5 of their last 6 matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- AB De Villiers has 2 scores of 50 and above in his last three matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore had the better opening partnership in their last 3 matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Sunrisers Hyderabad will look to get back on track and all eyes will be on how Jonny Bairstow will kick on. He has scores of 61 and 114 in his only two matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Back him to score another fifty, going on from his fifty in the first match. As for the Royal Challengers, Maxwell’s redemption and AB de Villiers’ recent form is a huge positive. Back the RCB side to post the higher opening partnership of the match, especially if Padikkal is back in the side.
CPL T20CPL T20 Bonus Bet - Get up to ₹2,000 back every single day25 Aug 2021 Read More
In-Play BetEngland vs India Test Series - Get a ₹500 Free Bet for live betting25 Aug 2021 Read More
CPL T20Caribbean Premier League 2021 Squads & CPL T20 Team Lists25 Aug 2021 Read More
CPL T20 StreamCaribbean Premier League Live Stream & CPL T20 Telecast in India25 Aug 2021 Read More