Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st Test Tips & Preview06 Jul 2021 Read More
England vs Pakistan 1st T20 Preview & Tips
- England vs Pakistan predictions for Friday’s T20I cricket match
- Rizwan has scored 50+ runs in 7 of his last 11 T20 matches
- Tips, stats, team news & preview
Mohammad Rizwan has scored 50+ runs in seven of his last 11 T20 matches (Getty Images)
England vs Pakistan Preview
Mohammad Rizwan has been extraordinarily consistent in the T20 format for Pakistan. With scores of over 41 runs in eight of his last 11 T20 matches, my best bet is for him to score over 23.5 runs here.
- England have won 8 of their last 11 T20I matches.
- England’s Dawid Malan scored 68 & 76 runs in 2 of his last 3 limited overs matches.
- Dawid Malan is ranked as the best T20I batsman in the world.
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam scored 158 runs in the 3rd ODI against England.
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam is ranked as the 2nd best T20 batsman in the world.
- Pakistan’s Mohammad Rizwan has scored over 41 runs in 8 of his last 11 T20I matches.
Head to Head
England and Pakistan are level at 2-2 in their last five T20I matches. One match ended in a no result.
They last met in this format in September 2020 where Pakistan won by five runs.
England have won eight of their last 11 T20I matches. Their most recent series saw them win 3-0 against Sri Lanka.
The England side is full of confidence having beaten Pakistan 3-0 in the recently played ODI series. Most of the England first team was ruled out of the series due to COVID-19 but they still managed to win comfortably.
In the 3rd T20 against Sri Lanka, Dawid Malan hit 76 runs as England totaled 180 in their 20 overs. Sri Lanka were dismissed for a paltry 91 as England won by 89 runs.
Malan also scored 68* in the 1st ODI against Pakistan but failed to get off the mark in the subsequent two matches.
England Team News
There is a return to the squad for some top players after missing the ODI series. Eoin Morgan will captain while Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow and Jos Buttler are back in the mix.
Pakistan have won four of their last five T20I matches but got hammered 3-0 in the ODI series against England. To make matters worse is that it was close to a fully second string England team.
In the 3rd ODI there was a return to form for Babar Azam. He scored 158 runs after failures in the first two matches. In Azam’s last two T20I matches he scored 52 and 41 runs, both against Zimbabwe prior to leaving for the UK.
In that series Pakistan beat Zimbabwe 3-0. Babar Azam is ranked as the second best T20 batsman in the world behind England’s Dawid Malan.
Pakistan Team News
Pakistan will be looking to settle on some combinations ahead of the T20 World Cup later this year. They have a full strength side available.
England vs Pakistan FAQ
Where can I watch England vs Pakistan live stream?
Check our live streaming calendar to see where to watch England vs Pakistan live stream.