West Indies vs India Third ODI Tips - Window for the hosts to sneak in
- West Indies vs India Third ODI predictions to be played at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad on Tuesday evening, IST
- Indian openers have posted the highest opening partnership of the match in 8 of their last 11 ODIs
- West Indies have conceded the highest opening partnership of the match in 7 of their last 9 ODIs
- In 8 of the last 11 ODIs between these teams, India posted the highest opening partnership of the match
- Will India's experimental set-up put West Indies in the driving seat?
Can the Windies spring another surprise? (Getty Images)
West Indies vs India Third ODI
India’s tryst with experimentation fell flat on their faces as they lost by six wickets to West Indies in the second ODI. As the series comes to an end at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad on Tuesday, from 7pm IST.
- West Indies vs India Third ODI
- Head to Head
- West Indies Form
- West Indies Team News
- India Form
- India Team News
West Indies surprised everyone with a win in the second ODI but that was aided by India’s penchant to experiment. With the visiting coach confirming that they are going to continue with that, it is likely that West Indies will fancy their chances of a win. I am not backing them though, and putting my money on India scoring more with their openers.
- Indian openers have posted the highest opening partnership of the match in 8 of their last 11 matches (ODIs)
- West Indies have conceded the highest opening partnership of the match in 7 of their last 9 matches (ODIs)
- In 8 of the last 11 matches between these sides, India posted the highest opening partnership of the match (ODIs)
- Ishan Kishan has scored at least 50 runs in 5 of his 7 batting innings away from home (ODIs)
Head to Head
West Indies played India in 141 ODIs before this match. Of these, there have been 71 wins for India, 64 wins for West Indies and two ties. The remaining four ended as no results.
West Indies Form
After a five-wicket loss in the first ODI where they were poor in all departments, West Indies came back in the second ODI. They did what was needed and had an easy six-wicket victory.
Shai Hope continues to be the leading batter for the Windies with 106 runs in the series. They would need better inputs from the other batters, something which Keacy Carty did in the second ODI with an unbeaten 48.
Bowling charts were led by the left-arm spinner Gudakesh Motie (five wickets) but Romario Shepherd’s burst of three wickets in the second match showed that they can surprise the Indians.
West Indies Team News
The Windies are likely to retain the team that won them the second ODI.
India didn’t bother to worry about the prospect of losing and made wholesome changes in the second ODI. With Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli sitting out, there was a case of bench players standing up to be counted.
That didn’t happen as Ishan Kishan (107 runs) was the only one who stood up to be counted. Suryakumar Yadav is the next best bet with 43 runs, but is still to prove his worth.
With the ball, Kuldeep Yadav’s five wickets have been the best for India while Shardul Thakur’s four have been the next best.
India Team News
India could once again rest Kohli and Rohit which means gametime for the likes of Sanju Samson and Suryakumar Yadav.
West Indies vs India Third ODI FAQs
Where can I watch the West Indies vs India Third ODI live stream?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the West Indies vs India Third ODI live stream.
What time does West Indies vs India Third ODI start?
This West Indies vs India Third ODI will be played at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad on August 1, Tuesday starting at 7:00pm IST.
It looks likely that India would keep experimenting which means West Indies have a great chance to win a bilateral head-to-head series for the first time since 2006. That looks a tempting prospect but it is the opening partnership market that we are looking at. I am backing India to post the highest opening partnership of the match once again, while a small wager on Ishan Kishan scoring a fifty could be a value pick.
CricketIndia vs England Third Test Tips - Run-feast likely on a slow turner13 Feb 2024 Read More
CricketAustralia vs West Indies Third T20I Tips - Whitewash or a face-saver?12 Feb 2024 Read More
CricketAustralia vs West Indies Second T20I Tips - Another high-scorer on the cards09 Feb 2024 Read More
CricketAustralia vs West Indies First T20I Tips - Big bang contest between two biggies08 Feb 2024 Read More
CricketIndia vs England Second Test Tips - Confident visitors against a wounded hosts31 Jan 2024 Read More