Caribbean Premier League 2021 Schedule & CPL T20 Dates, Times and Venues25 Aug 2021 Read More
Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Preview: Strong home form gives Melbourne hope
- Melbourne Stars will host Adelaide Strikers in Match #40 of BBL 10
- This match will be played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in MCG and will be the first match at this venue this season
- Melbourne Stars have won all 3 matches at the MCG against Adelaide Strikers
- Melbourne Stars have won 5 Bash Boost points this season including the reverse fixture
- The team batting first has won 4 of the last 5 matches between Melbourne Stars and Adelaide Strikers
Rashid Khan's departure leaves a gaping hole in the Strikers' squad that the Stars will look to utilise (Getty Images)
Action comes to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) for the first time this Big Bash League 2020-21 season, as Melbourne Stars will welcome Adelaide Strikers. This match #40 to be played on Friday will give a chance for the Stars to avenge for the loss in the reverse fixture at Adelaide.
The Stars are 7th in the standings with 16 points from 9 matches that included five ‘Bash Boost’ points. The Strikers are 4th in the points tally with 20 points from 10 matches that included five ‘Bash Boost’ points.
Melbourne Stars Form
Melbourne Stars lost to Adelaide Strikers by 5 wickets in their last match extending their poor recent run. The Stars have lost five of their last six matches in BBL10 and desperately need home comforts.
Glenn Maxwell (255 runs) and Marcus Stoinis (277) remain the Stars’ best batsmen. The return of Nic Maddinson and the 48* he scored in the last match is a good sign. With the ball, Adam Zampa (12 wickets) has been the Stars’ best bowler.
Melbourne Stars News
Ben Dunk terminated his agreement with the Stars on mutual consent and will be absent from the squad.
Adelaide Strikers Form
The Strikers are coming off a five-wicket win over the Melbourne Stars, but will be worried about their inconsistencies. They have won two matches in a row only once this season, while they have lost all three matches at the MCG.
Alex Carey (279) and Jake Weatherald (244) have been impressive with the bat, while Jono Wells (204) is their master saviour. It is with the ball that the Strikers have been in excellent form – Wes Agar (17) remains their best bet with the ball even more so with Rashid Khan (16) out of the squad for national duty.
Adelaide Strikers News
Rashid Khan played his last game of the season which leaves a gaping hole for the Strikers.
Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Head-to-Head
Adelaide Strikers have a 7-5 win-loss record against the Melbourne Stars winning seven of the last nine. However, they have lost all three matches played at the MCG.
They met at the Adelaide Oval earlier this season with the Stars stuttering to 149/7 rescued by Maddinson’s 48. The Strikers had their troubles in the chase, but Job Wells anchored the chase with 36 to lead the Strikers to a five-wicket win.
Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Match Up
Adelaide Strikers have enjoyed recent domination against the Melbourne Stars. Nic Maddinson’s batting from their last match is a positive for the Stars. The Strikers will be depleted by the departure of Rashid Khan, but hope that his absence is not felt.
Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers Stats
- Melbourne Stars have won 5 Bash Boost points in 9 matches this season including one against Adelaide Strikers.
- Melbourne Stars have won all 3 matches against Adelaide Strikers at the MCG.
- Adam Zampa has been the top Stars’ bowler in four matches this BBL10 season.
- Adelaide Strikers have won 7 of their last 9 matches against Melbourne Stars including the last 3.
- The team batting first has won 4 of the last 5 matches between Melbourne Stars and Adelaide Strikers.
Adelaide Strikers will feel the immediate absence of Rashid Khan and therein lies Melbourne Stars’ chance. The Stars need to get back to winning ways and there is not better place to start it than the MCG. Melbourne Stars will fancy their chances with Adam Zampa expected to do the star turn.
Axar Patel magicTwo day Test match spins India way25 Feb 2021 Read More
Live CricketHow to watch CSA T20 Challenge Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read More
Live CricketHow to watch Regional Super 50 Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read More
Can the Kings repeat?PSL 2021 Tournament Preview25 Feb 2021 Read More