Caribbean Premier League 2021 Schedule & CPL T20 Dates, Times and Venues25 Aug 2021 Read More
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin Preview: Mumbai to march on in Indian Super League
- Mumbai City take on Chennaiyin in the Indian Super League
- The hosts are top of the table after 3 straight wins
- Mumbai have not conceded in their last 3 matches
- Chennaiyin have failed to score in their last 2 matches
- BTTS No has happened in the last 8 matches between these sides
Adam Le Fondre should return to the starting line-up for Mumbai City (Getty Images)
Mumbai City can go three points clear at the top of the Indian Super League with victory over Chennaiyin on Wednesday. The leaders have caught the eye during the early weeks of the season, but will that continue against misfiring Chennaiyin?
Mumbai City Form
Three wins in a row have sent Sergio Lobera's Mumbai City to the top of the Indian Super League. They can move clear with a fourth successive victory.
A 1-0 defeat to NorthEast United in their opening game has been put firmly behind Mumbai, with subsequent victories of Goa, East Bengal and Odisha.
Mumbai recorded a 1-0 victory over 10-man Goa thanks to a 95th minute penalty from Adam Le Fondre. Two goals from Le Fondre and one from Hernan then earned a 3-0 win over ISL newcomers East Bengal.
On Sunday, Mumbai were too good for Odisha as they won 2-0. Bartholomew Ogbeche got the opener from the penalty spot, before Rowllin Borges sealed the win on the stroke of half-time.
Mumbai City Team News
Adam Le Fondre was rested against Odisha with Bartholomew Ogbeche coming into the starting line-up. Expect the Englishman to return to the Mumbai attack.
Defender Hernan missed the last game, but should come back in at the expense of Cy Goddard if fit.
Chennaiyin have endured a mixed start to the season with a win, draw and loss from their opening three matches.
Last year's beaten finalists suffered their first defeat of the season when losing 1-0 to Bengaluru in their last game. Sunil Chhetri scored the only goal from the penalty spot.
Csaba Lazlo's side won their opening game 2-1 against Jamshedpur thanks to goals from Anirudh Thapa and Isma. Chennaiyin were then left to rue Jakub Sylvestr's penalty miss as they drew 0-0 with Kerala Blasters.
Chennaiyin Team News
Brazilian utility man Memo or Tajikistan winger Fatkhullo Fatkhuloev have yet to start a game. The latter could come into the side as Csaba Lazlo looks for more creativity from his goal-shy side.
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin Head to Head
Chennaiyin have had much the better of things in head to head with seven wins over Mumbai City in 13 matches. Mumbai have won four times with two draws. Last season, a 0-0 draw was followed by a 1-0 win for Chennaiyin.
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin Stats
- Mumbai City have won their last 3 matches (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City have not conceded in their last 3 matches (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City's Adam Le Fondre has scored 3 goals in his last 3 matches (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City have seen BTTS No in their last 8 matches against Chennaiyin (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City have seen under 2.5 in 10 of their last 11 matches against Chennaiyin (Indian Super League).
- Chennaiyin have failed to score in their last 2 matches (Indian Super League).
- Chennaiyin have seen BTTS No in their last 2 matches (Indian Super League).
Mumbai are in good form with plenty of goalscoring options. Chennaiyin are lacking in that department and another Mumbai win to nil is predicted.
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin FAQs
Where is Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin being played?
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin is being played at GMC Stadium in Bambolin, India.
What competition are Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin playing in?
Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin are playing in the Indian Super League.
Where can I watch the Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin live stream online?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Mumbai City vs Chennaiyin live stream online.
Sports Events Starts in
Axar Patel magicTwo day Test match spins India way25 Feb 2021 Read More
Live CricketHow to watch CSA T20 Challenge Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read More
Live CricketHow to watch Regional Super 50 Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read More
Can the Kings repeat?PSL 2021 Tournament Preview25 Feb 2021 Read More