Caribbean Premier League 2021 Schedule & CPL T20 Dates, Times and Venues25 Aug 2021 Read More
Odisha vs Bengaluru Preview: Bengaluru to be too good in Indian Super League
- Odisha and Bengaluru meet in the Indian Super League on Thursday
- Odisha have lost 4 of their last 5 matches
- They have also failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches
- Bengaluru are unbeaten in 5 matches this season
- The visitors have won 2 of their last 3 matches
Bengaluru FC (Getty Images)
Unbeaten Bengaluru take on struggling Odisha in the Indian Super League on Thursday at GMC Stadium. Winless Odisha look set for a long season after losing four of their first five games, but can they find inspiration in Bambolin?
Odisha sit second from bottom in the Indian Super League after picking up a single point from five games under coach Stuart Baxter.
Last week's 1-0 loss to Goa made it three straight defeats for Odisha, who had also gone down 1-0 to champions ATK Mohun Bagan and 2-0 to ISL leaders Mumbai City.
Odisha also lost their opening game of the season 1-0 to Hyderabad, before coming from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Jamshedpur.
Diego Mauricio's double in that game remain the only goals Odisha have scored this season.
Odisha Team News
Spanish forward Manuel Onwu made his first start of the season against Goa, but he was unable to prove the answer to Odisha's goalscoring problems.
Marcelinho has been a substitute in the last two games, but could replace fellow Brazilian Diego Mauricio.
Bengaluru maintained their unbeaten start with an entertaining 4-2 victory over Kerala Blasters on Saturday. Cleiton Silva, Erik Paartalu, Dimas Delgado and Sunil Chhetri got the goals, with the latter also missing a penalty.
The victory makes it two wins and three draws from the opening five games of the season for Carles Cuadrat's side.
Back-to-back draws against Goa (2-2) and Hyderabad (0-0) were followed by a first win as Bengaluru beat Chennaiyin 1-0 thanks to a Chhetri penalty.
Bengaluru had to settle for a share of the points in a 2-2 draw with NorthEast United before defeating Kerala.
Bengaluru Team News
Spanish defender Fran Gonzalez has had to make do with a place on the bench in the last three games, but he could come in to stiffen up the Bengaluru defence.
Odisha vs Bengaluru Head to Head
Bengaluru have won four of the six matches played against Odisha, including both games last season. Bengaluru won 1-0 away and 3-0 at home.
Odisha vs Bengaluru Stats
- Odisha have lost 4 of their last 5 matches (Indian Super League).
- Odisha have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches (Indian Super League).
- Odisha have lost 4 of their 6 matches against Bengaluru (Indian Super League).
- Odisha have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches against Bengaluru (Indian Super League).
- Bengaluru are unbeaten in 5 matches this season (Indian Super League).
- Bengaluru have won 2 of their last 3 matches (Indian Super League).
- Bengaluru are the joint-leading scorers in the Indian Super League with 9 goals this season.
Odisha are set for a season of struggle. With a lack of goals for the hosts, Bengaluru should be too good.
Odisha vs Bengaluru FAQs
Where can I watch the Odisha vs Bengaluru live stream online?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Odisha vs Bengaluru live stream online.
Where is Odisha vs Bengaluru being played?
Odisha vs Bengaluru is being played at GMC Stadium in Bambolin, India.
What competition are Odisha vs Bengaluru playing in?
Odisha vs Bengaluru are playing in the Indian Super League.
Sports Events Starts in
Axar Patel magicTwo day Test match spins India way25 Feb 2021 Read More
Live CricketHow to watch CSA T20 Challenge Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read More
Live CricketHow to watch Regional Super 50 Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read More
Can the Kings repeat?PSL 2021 Tournament Preview25 Feb 2021 Read More