- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
BBL Final: Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Preview
- Sydney Sixers will host Perth Scorchers in the final of BBL 10
- This match will be played at the Sydney Cricket Ground, which will be the first match of the season at this venue
- Sydney Sixers have won 4 of their last 5 matches against Perth Scorchers
- Perth Scorchers have hit the most 6s of the match in 10 of their last 12 matches
- Ben Dwarshuis has been Sydney Sixers’ best bowler in 3 of their last 4 matches
Will the final live up to the expectations after what happened in the Qualifier? (Getty Images)
It’s the grand finale of the Big Bash League 2020/21 as Sydney Sixers will look to make it a third BBL title when they host Perth Scorchers at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
Both the teams have topped the regular season and were the best sides of the tournament. Expect high-octane action as the two sides had a bit of passionate exchanges in the Qualifier played at the Manuka Oval.
Sydney Sixers Form
The Sixers have been in sparkling form as the season moved to the knockouts. After topping the regular season, they defeated the Scorchers in the Qualifier comfortably by nine wickets. Additionally, five wins out of seven speak of a confident side.
The Sixers’ batting is led by the ‘Player of the tournament’ Josh Philippe (499 runs), who will have support from James Vince (442). Bowling will be led by Ben Dwarshuis, as they look to make it back-to-back BBL titles.
Sydney Sixers News
Putting to bed all the rumours around Mitchell Starc, the Sixers have decided to retain their squad.
Perth Scorchers Form
The Scorchers thrashed Brisbane Heat by 49 runs in the Challenger to make it to the final. Liam Livingstone’s aggressive 77 laid the platform for a strong win, which was them supplemented by Aaron Hardie’s 3/46. With four wins in their last six matches, the Scorchers would be eager to make it a winning finale.
It is the overseas duo of Colin Munro (441 runs) and Liam Livingstone (381) that is leading the Scorchers’ case. With the ball, it is the persistent Jhye Richardson (27 wickets) who is their best bowler.
Perth Scorchers News
Jason Roy is ruled out of the final and Scorchers could field the same team as in the previous game.
Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Head-to-Head
The Scorchers have a 11-8 advantage in H2H matches, but it is the Sixers who have an edge in the recent matches. They have won four of the last five matches against the Scorchers.
In the previous fixture between the teams in the Qualifier, the Sixers won by nine wickets after restricting the Scorchers to 167/6. James Vince’s 98* off 53 balls was the highlight of the chase.
Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Match Up
Both teams are top-order heavy and players like Livingstone and Philippe should make this an interesting contest. With the ball, the Scorchers have an edge with Richardson and Tye leading the show. The Sixers have the slight advantage, though, with the experienced Dan Christian and Carlos Brathwaite adding their weight.
Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Stats
- Sydney Sixers have won 4 of the last 5 matches against Perth Scorchers.
- Sydney Sixers had the highest opening partnership in 5 of the last 7 matches against Perth Scorchers.
- Ben Dwarshuis has been Sydney Sixers’ best bowler in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Perth Scorchers have lost 3 of the last 4 matches against Sydney Sixers at the SCG.
- Perth Scorchers have hit more 6s in 10 of their last 12 matches.
Sydney Sixers have been impressive in the regular season as well as the qualifier, booking their spot in the final at the first opportunity. That has given them extra days of rest, but it must be seen if it is of real advantage. The Scorchers should relish their chances, especially to score more 6s as they have the right fire power in the squad. As for the winner, it could be the Sixers who may edge out the Scorchers thanks to their all-round squad strength.