T20 World Cup 2021 Betting Odds25 Feb 2021 Read more
Goa vs NorthEast United Betting Preview: High-scoring draw in Indian Super League
- Goa host NorthEast United in the Indian Super League on Monday
- The hosts have seen over 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches
- Goa have drawn 3 of their last 5 matches against NorthEast United 2-2
- FC Goa have seen over 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches against NorthEast United
- NorthEast United have drawn 2 of their last 3 matches
- The visitors have seen over 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches
FC Goa are yet to win this season (Getty Images)
Unbeaten NorthEast United face their toughest test of the season when taking on Goa at Fatorda Stadium on Monday. Last year's table-toppers Goa have started slowly with a point from two games, while NorthEast have four points from their two games.
Goa have yet to capture the form that saw them finish top of the standings during the regular season last year. Juan Ferrando's side have one point from two games and are searching for a first win of the campaign.
Goa, who have the advantage of the entire season being played at home, came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Bengaluru. Spanish forward Igor Angulo scored twice in three minutes to rescue a point.
Despite being reduced to 10 men following the 40th minute sending off of winger Redeem Tlang, Goa looked set for a point against Mumbai City. But a penalty from Adam Le Fondre in the 95th minute resulted in a 1-0 loss.
Goa Team News
Goa will be forced into at least change with Redeem Tlang suspended.
Spanish midfielder Alberto Noguera and forward Jorge Ortiz Mendoza have alternated in the starting line-up and Juan Ferrando will need to make a decision on which gets the nod.
NorthEast United Form
NorthEast United have started the season well under new coach Gerard Nus, collecting four points from their opening two games.
They ended a run of 14 games without a win when recording a 1-0 victory over Mumbai City in their opening game. Ghanaian striker Kwesi Appiah slotted home a penalty early in the second half.
Having trailed 2-0 at half-time against Kerala Blasters, NorthEast United snatched a point with a final minute equaliser from Idrissa Sylla. Appiah had earlier halved the deficit with his second of the season before missing a penalty.
NorthEast United Team News
Guinea forward Idrissa Sylla will be pushing for a first start of the season after his last minute heroics.
Uruguayan midfielder Federico Gallego and Portuguese winger Luis Machado have each had one start. Gerard Nus will make a decision on which of the pair starts this game.
Goa vs NorthEast United Head to Head
Goa are unbeaten in the last five matches against NorthEast United, although three of those have ended with a share of the points. Last season, a 2-2 draw was followed by a 2-0 win for Goa.
Goa vs NorthEast United Stats
- Goa have won 1 of their last 4 matches (Indian Super League).
- Goa have seen over 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches (Indian Super League).
- Goa have drawn 3 of their last 5 matches against NorthEast United 2-2 (Indian Super League).
- Goa have seen over 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches against NorthEast United (Indian Super League).
- NorthEast United have drawn 2 of their last 3 matches (Indian Super League).
- NorthEast United have seen over 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (Indian Super League).
Another high-scoring draw being these sides is tipped. Over 2.5 is the best bet in Monday's Indian Super League clash.
Goa vs NorthEast United FAQs
Where can I watch the Goa vs NorthEast United live stream online?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Goa vs NorthEast United live stream online.
Where is Goa vs NorthEast United being played?
Goa vs NorthEast Unitedis being played at Fatorda Stadium in Vasco da Gama, India.
01 October 2021
Axar Patel magicTwo day Test match spins India way25 Feb 2021 Read more
Live CricketHow to watch CSA T20 Challenge Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read more
Live CricketHow to watch Regional Super 50 Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read more
Can the Kings repeat?PSL 2021 Tournament Preview25 Feb 2021 Read more