Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin Preview
- Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin predictions for Sunday's Indian Super League match at Tilak Maidan Stadium
- Hyderabad have drawn their last 4 matches
- Chennaiyin have drawn 5 of their last 8 matches
- Match preview, predictions and latest team news
Chennaiyin FC's defender Eli Sabia will be missing regular partner Enes Sipovic to suspension (Getty Images)
Hyderabad made it four draws in a row on Thursday in an entertaining 2-2 match against Bengaluru.
The Nizams trailed 2-0 to Sunil Chhetri and Leon Augustine Asokan goals. But Aridane and Fran Sandaza scored inside the last four minutes to earn a point.
Hyderabad have drawn 0-0 with ISL leaders Mumbai City, 1-1 with bottom side Odisha and 0-0 by Jamshedpur in their last four matches.
Despite the run of draws, Manolo Marquez's side still occupy a top four spot in the Indian Super League standings.
A six-game unbeaten run started with the 4-1 win over Chennaiyin and also includes a 4-2 victory over NorthEast United.
Hyderabad Team News
The quick turnaround from Thursday's game may mean Manolo Marquez opts to shuffle his pack.
Striker Fran Sandaza scored from the bench in the draw with Bengaluru and is set to come into the starting line-up.
Forward Nikhil Poojari remains on the injury list. Defender Souvik Chakrabarti is absent due to personal reasons.
Chennaiyin held table toppers Mumbai City to a 1-1 draw on Monday to sit in sixth spot in the standings.
Isma's second half penalty for The Marina Machans cancelled out Bartholomew Ogbeche's opener.
Csaba Lazlo's side have now won just one of their last eight matches with goals the big problem for last year's beaten finalists.
Chennaiyin have failed to score in seven games and have found the net 11 times in 14 games this season.
Chennaiyin have only won once since before Christmas. That was a 2-1 win over bottom side Odisha.
They have drawn five of the last eight matches including the stalemate with Mumbai City.
Chennaiyin Team News
Midfielder Manuel Lanzarote is available after completing his quarantine period. But the Spaniard is set to start from the bench.
Former Goa midfielder Lanzarote has been signed as Rafael Crivellaro's replacement with the Brazilian playmaker out for the season.
Centre-back Enes Sipovic is suspended after picking up his fourth booking of the season. Midfielder Anirudh Thapa is an injury doubt.
Head to Head
Hyderabad produced a four-goal second-half performance to win 4-1 against Chennaiyin almost four weeks ago.
Joel Chianese, Joao Victor and a Halicharan Narzary double sealed a big win for Hyderabad.
Chennaiyin won both games last season during Hyderabad's debut campaign in the Indian Super League. A 2-1 win at home was followed by a 3-1 win at Hyderabad.
Hyderabad and Chennaiyin have drawn plenty of games of late. A stalemate is predicted between two sides averaging less than a goal a game over the last four matches.
- Hyderabad are unbeaten in their last 6 matches (Indian Super League).
- Hyderabad have drawn their last 4 matches (Indian Super League).
- Hyderabad have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches (Indian Super League).
- Hyderabad have seen BTTS in all three previous matches against Chennaiyin (Indian Super League).
- Chennaiyin have drawn 5 of their last 8 matches (Indian Super League).
- Chennaiyin have won 1 of their last 8 matches (Indian Super League)
- Chennaiyin have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 matches (Indian Super League).
- Chennaiyin have scored the least goals this season with 11 in 14 matches (Indian Super League).
Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin FAQs
Where is Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin being played?
The Indian Super League match between Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin is taking place at Tilak Maidan Stadium.
Can I watch a Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin live stream?
Hyderabad vs Chennaiyin is being streamed live online. Our live streaming section provides the information on how you can watch the match.
01 October 2021
Hosts favourites?T20 World Cup 2021 Betting Odds25 Feb 2021 Read more
Axar Patel magicTwo day Test match spins India way25 Feb 2021 Read more
Live CricketHow to watch CSA T20 Challenge Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read more
Live CricketHow to watch Regional Super 50 Cricket Live Streams25 Feb 2021 Read more
Can the Kings repeat?PSL 2021 Tournament Preview25 Feb 2021 Read more