- Tuesday 13
- Wednesday 14
- Thursday 15
- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings Preview: Karachi to win PSL qualifier
- Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings is a Pakistan Super League Qualifier
- Multan Sultans’ Shan Masood has the most runs for his side in the league phase with 253 runs
- Karachi Kings’ Babar Azam was the top-scorer in the league phase with 345 runs at an average of 49.28
- Karachi Kings have won both the head to head matches where they batted first
Babar Azam (Getty Images)
The rescheduled Pakistan Super League playoffs will get underway at the National Stadium in Karachi as Multan Sultans take on Karachi Kings in the qualifier on Saturday. The winner moves to the final, while the loser gets another opportunity in the 2nd eliminator.
Multan Sultans Form
Multan Sultans topped the group phase with six wins and two losses in their ten matches ending with 14 points. They had the highest number of wins and the best net run rate (1.03) of the league phase, thanks to their all-round displays.
Any hopes of continuing the momentum, though, were hampered by the COVID-19 break and the withdrawals of James Vince and Mahmudullah – both having tested positive. However, with Imran Tahir, Ravi Bopara, Adam Lyth, and Rilee Rossouw the Sultans still have an enviable overseas roster.
Multan Sultans News
The good news for the Sultans is that Khushdil Shah will take confidence from his knock of 36* off 15 balls against Zimbabwe in the third T20I. Captain Shan Masood had 253 runs in the league phase at a SR of 128.42 and could be key to their chances.
Karachi Kings Form
Karachi Kings were the second-best side in the league phase with 11 points from five wins and one no result. The legendary Pakistan bowler Wasim Akram will serve as interim coach as Dean Jones tragically died in September. The team should, however, be motivated to pay tributes to Jones by winning the title.
Without a doubt the Kings have the best domestic roster. The likes of Babar Azam, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, and Mohammad Rizwan make them a very strong unit. With Alex Hales, Cameron Delport, Chadwick Walton boosting their squad, the absence of Mitchell McClenaghan due to travel restrictions shouldn’t concern the Kings.
Karachi Kings News
Babar Azam’s form is crucial as the Kings will hope that they can make the best of his recent scores against Zimbabwe. Imad Wasim, Mohammad Rizwan, and Iftikhar Ahmed also had game time against Zimbabwe which augurs well for the Kings.
Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings Head to Head
Karachi Kings lead 3-1 in overall matches against Multan Sultans. However, it is the Sultans who have won the most recent match this season. Multan defeated Karachi by 52 runs in Multan as Shan Masood (61) and Moeen Ali (65) scored enterprising 50s and Imran Tahir took 3/28 with the ball.
Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings Match Up
With the COVID-19 induced break, everything will depend on how players will quickly adapt to match situations. In this regard, the Kings have an advantage as their key players have been in good form for Pakistan in the recent series against Zimbabwe.
Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings Stats
- Multan Sultans’ Shan Masood has the most runs for his side in the league phase with 253 runs, which is the sixth-best aggregate.
- Karachi Kings’ Babar Azam was the top-scorer in the league phase with 345 runs at an average of 49.28.
- Karachi Kings’ Babar Azam has scores of 77*, 135, 82, and 51 in his last four matches this season – all against Zimbabwe for Pakistan.
- Karachi Kings have won both the head to head matches where they batted first.
Karachi Kings will be motivated to pay tributes to their coach Dean Jones. The form of their Pakistan national players will be a huge boost, as Babar Azam will look to lead with another stellar performance.