- Friday 16
- Saturday 17
- Sunday 18
- Monday 19
- Tuesday 20
- Wednesday 21
- Thursday 22
- Friday 23
- Saturday 24
- Sunday 25
- Monday 26
Mumbai City vs Odisha Preview: Mumbai to hit top spot in Indian Super League
- Mumbai City host Odisha at GMC Stadium on Sunday
- Mumbai City have won their last 2 matches
- Adam Le Fondre has scored 3 goals in his last 2 matches for Mumbai City
- Odisha have lost 5 of their last 8 matches
- The visitors have failed to score in 2 of their 3 matches this season
Mumbai City's Adam Le Fondre has scored 3 goals in his last 2 matches (Getty Images)
Mumbai City can return to the top of the Indian Super League table with victory over struggling Odisha on Sunday. The sides have had constrasting starts to the season, but will that continue or will we see an upset at GMC Stadium.
Mumbai City Form
Mumbai City have kickstarted their season with back-to-back victories, and a third straight win on Sunday will send Sergio Lobera's side top.
Mumbai started the new season with a 1-0 defeat to NorthEast United in their opening game. A 49th minute penalty from Kwesi Appiah proved to be the difference between the sides.
Mumbai ended a three-game losing run with a 1-0 victory over 10-man Goa thanks to a 95th minute penalty from Adam Le Fondre.
They were much more clinical in a 3-0 win over East Bengal in their latest match. Two goals from Le Fondre, one of them from the penalty spot, and a goal from Hernan sealed the victory over the ISL newcomers.
Mumbai City Team News
Adam Le Fondre will be the key man for Mumbai again after three goals in his last two games. That means Nigerian striker Bartholomew Ogbeche against looks set to be on the bench.
Sergio Lobera looks likely to name an unchanged side with Japanese winger Cy Goodard also set for a bit-part role.
Odisha were left heartbroken after conceding in the 95th minute in a 1-0 defeat to champions ATK Mohun Bagan.
It was a second defeat in three games for winless Odisha, who also lost their opening game of coach Stuart Baxter's reign 1-0 to Hyderabad.
Sandwiched in between was a 2-2 draw with Jamshedpur. Odisha trailed 2-0 midway through the second-half before a Diego Mauricio double - including a 93rd minute equaliser - earned a point against 10-man Jamshedpur.
Odisha Team News
Diego Mauricio and Marcelinho were paired in attack against ATK Mohun Bagan, but Manuel Onwu could return to the forward line.
Mumbai City vs Odisha Head to Head
Mumbai City edge the head to head record 5-4 with three draws in the 12 previous meetings. Odisha won both games last season with 4-2 and 2-0 victory.
Mumbai City vs Odisha Stats
- Mumbai City have won their last 2 matches (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City have kept clean sheets in their last 2 matches (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City's Adam Le Fondre has scored 3 goals in his last 2 matches (Indian Super League).
- Mumbai City and Odisha have each won 3 of the last 6 head to heads (Indian Super League).
- Odisha have lost 5 of their last 8 matches (Indian Super League).
- Odisha have failed to score in 2 of their 3 matches this season (Indian Super League).
Mumbai City were impressive in their last match and Adam Le Fondre has made a quickfire start to life in the Indian Super League. They should have too much firepower for Odisha.
Mumbai City vs Odisha FAQs
Where can I watch the Mumbai City vs Odisha live stream online?
Our live streaming calendar shows you where to watch the Mumbai City vs Odisha live stream online.
Where is Mumbai City vs Odisha being played?
Mumbai City vs Odisha is being played at GMC Stadium in Bambolin, India.
What competition are Mumbai City vs Odisha playing in?
Mumbai City vs Odisha are playing in the Indian Super League.